Museums in the Area
- The Barrett House
- According to tradition, Forest Hall was built as a wedding gift for Charles Barrett and his bride by his father. Its grand scale was encouraged by the bride's father, who promised to furnish the house in as lavish a manner as it could be built. The interiors are, indeed, elegantly furnished, and must have presented a fine backdrop for the young couple. New Ipswich, NH
- Fruitlands Museum
- Over ninety years ago, Clara Endicott Sears discovered she had bought a gentleman’s farm on land that had once sheltered Bronson Alcott’s ill-fated Utopian experiment in communal living known as Fruitlands. Fruitlands lasted a mere seven months, but Sears helped rescue it from oblivion by turning the Alcott farmhouse into a house museum to celebrate the Transcendentalists’ vision. Harvard, MA
- Historic Deerfield
- Historic Deerfield is a museum of New England history and art within the carefully preserved 330 year old western Massachusetts village of Deerfield.
- Historic New England (Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities, SPNEA)
- The oldest, largest, and most comprehensive regional preservation organization in the country. A fine collection of historic New England homes and artifacts throughout New England. Homes are open to the public.
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Fine collection of art and objects from America and the world.
- New England Quilt Musuem
- The NEQM collection consists of over 150 quilts and quilt tops representing the history of American quiltmaking. Lowell, MA
- Old Sturbridge Village
- Old Sturbridge Village (OSV) is the largest outdoor living history museum in the northeast. OSV is a history museum and learning resource that invites all visitors to find meaning, pleasure, relevance, and inspiration in the exploration of New England's past. It is a nonprofit, educational museum that is open year-round. Sturbridge, MA
- Peabody Essex Museum
- The Peabody Essex Museum, founded in 1799, is a hidden treasure, with collections that exceed 2.4 million works of art and culture. Peabody Essex collections encompass twenty-four historic buildings, including four National Historic Landmarks, five National Register buildings, and our most recent architecture acquisition, Yin Yu Tang, the only complete Qing Dynasty house located outside China. Salem, MA
Antique Dealers in the Area.
- Antique Associates
- Antiques Associates enjoys a national reputation as "America's Finest Multiple Dealer Shop". We regularly place objects within the national marketplace in museums, public institutions, private collections and within the trade. Townsend, MA
- Delaney Antique Clocks
- The largest selection of American Tall-Case Antique Clocks in the country. Townsend, MA
- Auctioneer and Appraiser of Antiques and Fine Art. Bolton,